Recipe Name: Couscous
Subtitle: Durum wheat
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Recipe story: couscous is a North African dish made from tiny balls of semolina flour. This is one of the easiest and fastest Tunisian dishes.
· 1.5 cups of couscous
· 1.5 cup of chicken or beef stock or veggie stock
· 2 tablespoons of olive oil
· Two freshly chopped vegetables of ( onion, tomatoes, red & green bell peppers, mushrooms and spring onion)
· ½ teaspoon red or black pepper
· ½ teaspoon of salt
· ½ cube of Maggie
· ½ teaspoon of pepper flakes.
Bring chicken stock to a boil and add in couscous and cover lightly. Remove from heat and set aside for 6 minutes.
Add olive oil to a large pan, heat slightly and add chopped vegetables, pepper and salt and Maggie. Mix and cook for 3 minutes
Lightly fluff the cooked couscous with a fork, add into the vegetable mix (really any veggie can be added cooked or uncooked). Combine.
Add in the pepper flakes and adjust for seasoning to your taste.
Ready to serve.