Vegan curried chickpea - stuffed sweet potatoes
Recipe Name: Curried chickpea- stuffed sweet potatoes
Subtitle: stuffed potatoes
Preparation time: 30 minutes
A solid simple dish that has so much to offer when it comes to flavor. Chickpeas simmered in an aromatic curry coconut sauce. Vegan comfort food at its best! The chickpeas are simmered in an aromatic curry and coconut sauce and then topped onto the baked potatoes.
· Quarter to half cup of canola oil.
· 2-3 tablespoon curry powder.
· 1 large onion diced.
· 2 teaspoons minced garlic.
· 1 teaspoon ground allspice
· 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg spice
· 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
· 2 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
· 1 teaspoon cumin pepper
· 2 cans of chickpea drained
· 1-2 cups of cubed potatoes
· ½ tablespoon bouillon chicken powder
· 1 cup or more broth or water
· 1cup or more broth or water
· 1 cup coconut milk
· ½ -1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 2 green onions chopped
· 1-2 cups fresh leaf spinach
· 2tablespoons or more chopped parsley.
· Salt to taste.
Heat up large saucepan with oil and add onion, garlic, thyme, cumin spice, all spice, smoked paprika, nutmeg and curry powder, stir occasionally for about 2-3 minutes until onions is translucent.
Then add potatoes, stir and sauté for 2-3 more minutes. Add coconut milk/stock/water if necessary to prevent any burns.
Next add chickpeas, green onion and broth. Bring to a boil and let it simmer until sauce thickens, it might take about 18 minutes.
Lastly throw in some spinach, parsley, adjust for salt, pepper and stew consistency. Stir for about a minute until spinach is wilted. Serve warm.
While curry is simmering. Cook sweet potatoes in your microwave: prick the potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on high for 8-10 minutes until they are tender, turning the potatoes once. Clean and dry the potatoes, poke holes into the sweet, place in the microwave and cook for a couple of minutes slice open the sweet potatoes and stuff! If your sweet potatoes are large, cut them in half.