Angela, Digital Chef, Africa Analyst
Dahomey Fish Stew
Recipe story: Dahomey fish stew.
Subtitle: fish stew
Preparation time: 30 minutes.
This dish is a healthy but flavor some stew to warm up you’re evening. It can be eaten with rice as a whole meal itself.
· 1kg white fish fillets, cut into chunks.
· 2tbsp of olive oil.
· 2 leeks, sliced into thin rounds
· 2 carrots finely sliced
· 2 garlic cloves, crushed
· I small fennel bulb sliced length ways.
· 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
· 1 bay leaf
· Large glass white wine.
· 1.25l fish or vegetable stock.
· 500g raw prawns, peeled with tails attached
· 2tbsp of flat-leaf parsley, chopped.
Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add the leeks, carrots, celery and garlic and cook over a medium low heat, stirring for 7 minutes.
Add the fennel, tomatoes, bay leaf, wine, and stock and bring to a boil. Simmer gently for about 30 minutes.
Add the fish and the prawns. Bring to a boil then simmer for a few minutes or until fish is cooked. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.