Seafood Okra Soup
Seafood Okra Pepper Soup allows you to use any seafood you want in your African soup for swallows, including fish, shrimp, prawns, crabs, lobster, and more. This delicious Okra Soup is suitable for all creatures from the sea.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
30 fingers of okra
Two medium-sized fish
2 quarts shrimp
Any other meat or seafood
4 tablespoon of palm oil (red)
Two handfuls of spinach or ugu
One pepper, sweet
One onion, red
Habanero peppers (to your taste)
Bouillon cube (veggie of chicken) of seasoning
Salt (to your taste)
Water as needed
1. Clean the fish and cut it into sizeable chunks. De-vein and shell the shrimps.
2. Cut or grate the okra by hand.
3. The peppers can be chopped or blended.
4. Chop or tear the spinach leaves with your fingers.
5. Dice the onion.
6. In a pot boil enough water to cover seafood with a bouillon cube and half of the diced onions.
7. Add meat/seafood one at a time and boil for about 5 minutes, no more than 7 minutes to avoid disintegration of fish, then gently remove them.
8. Remove meat from stock after they are done cooking.
9. Heat the red palm oil in another pot, then add the remaining onions and fry for a few minutes.
10. Fry the okra until it is heated through and through. Begin adding the stock in small increments, stirring constantly to activate the okra's elasticity
11. Add the peppers and spinach after all of the stock has been added—cover and cook for a maximum of 1 minute.
12. Add the fish and shrimps, season with salt as needed, and stir thoroughly, cover and cook for a few minutes.
The Seafood Okra Pepper Soup is done and ready to be served.
Note: If you want less water in your soup, reduce the stock by boiling it for a long time before adding it to the pot.