Angela, Digital Chef, Africa Analyst
Yoghurt parfait are layers of yogurt, fruits and with a scoop of crunchy granola or fresh nuts can be found in most kitchens in north Africa and through the rest of Africa. Yoghurt is usually locally produced many different ways but we want you to use your favorite yoghurt.
Nutritional Composition of Yoghurt Parfait
Yoghurt Parfait contains a lot of calories, mostly from carbs and others are from protein and fat. It also contains sugar, sodium, carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, calcium, fiber, and Iron.
How to Prepare a Yoghurt Parfait
It is preferable to prepare your yogurt parfait than to purchase one. The preparation of a Yoghurt Parfait is a simple and easy thing to do.
Prep: 10 minutes
fresh berries and any fruits (we use banana)
dry plain oatmeal or wholegrain cereal with low sugar or natural granola
1 tbls cocoa
Sugar (as little or as much)
few tbls hot water (just enough to mix cocoa and sugar)
1. Cut and slice bananas and strawberries into a bowl.
2. Add two to three spoonful of yogurt into a small cup or tall glassware.
3. Layer it next with fresh fruit and then yogurt.
4. Sprinkle top of the yogurt with one tablespoon of granola.
5. Whisk together in a small bowl cocoa, sugar, and hot water until the mixture is smooth. Add one to two tablespoons of the mixture over the Parfait.
6. Serve cold and fresh.
· Different fruits can be tried such as oranges, raspberry, peaches, and any of your favorites.
· Use fresh yogurt to add an extra boost of protein.
Health Benefits of Yogurt Parfait
1. It is packed with protein and calcium.
2. It contains vitamin B-2, vitamin B-22, magnesium, and potassium needed by the human body.
3. It is a source of probiotics that enhances a healthy digestive system.
4. It helps to boost the body's immune system.